Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Alchemyst by Michael Scott

The Alchemyst is about the immortal Nicholas Flamel and two twins named Sophie and Josh Newman. They are fighting the also immortal Dr. John Dee. Dee wants to destroy the world and then recreate it, and the twins and Flamel need to stop him. Flamel helps awaken Sophie’s magical powers and heightened senses but cannot do the same for Josh. This book starts in modern-day San Francisco but moves to Ojai then to Paris. This book is the first in a trilogy, so not all of the conflicts are solved in this book.

Overall I rate this book a 4.9 because I liked most of it. The only thing I didn’t like was the little non-dramatic time-spans where nothing was happening. I liked all of the historical facts mixed with fictional facts and the magical abilities shown by Flamel, Dee, and others. This book is good for people who like magic and fantasy, and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment